Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mish Mosh

What a whirlwind day!  Seems like summer is all about flying by the seat of my pants, which I am not always the best at!  Example:  I forgot to take my iron supplement this morning, and I haven't taken my "Red Lightning" stuff yet either.  Not good.  I still have time to take the second iron and the powder...as long as I stay up a couple more hours.

Which brings me to my next big challenge - water.  I can't drink anything 30 min before or 2 hours after I eat.  I am supposed to drink 64 - 88 oz of water every day.  I just don't find the time to do it!  I guess I need to chug?  Not a fun thought for someone who isn't a fan in the 1st place.

Today's food was a mish mosh as my title intimated.  I think this is basically how the rest of this week is going to go until I figure things out better and get a menu plan in place.  I had friends over today, and they were so considerate!  When we get together, it's usually a potluck type affair.  One friend brought rice pasta with homemade pesto that was SO yummy!  (Thanks Sonja!) and another brought a veggie frittata (thanks Linda!) that were all gluten free, dairy free, and all that other fun stuff.  I thought that was so nice and everything was so good!

I also made another trip to Whole Foods today.  Now that I have talked to some others out there in similar situations, and have forgone the "prepackaged" menu for the week I wanted to check out some options.  $40+ later here is what I decided on...rice/almond bread, rice pasta, Rice Dreams carob almond ice cream, agave nectar, almond milk, dairy free butter substitute, terra chips, almond butter, french dressing that is ok for me, hummus (my new addiction), Italian tuna that my friend recommended, and rice crackers.  So of course I want to try everything to see if I like it, lol, adding to my mish mosh meals today :)

Another challenge is dealing with cooking for a picky toddler.  Today I made him grilled cheese (with mozzarella cheese no less!) and he didn't eat it cause "he doesn't like white cheese".  Now there is a perfectly good off limit sandwich that is tempting me, so then I had to make him "peanut butter bread"...think about how many times you subconsciously lick your fingers or take a nibble!  All things I really like that I can't have.  It is going to be tough, but I will be ok.

Well without further ado...here is the mish mosh menu...hope I can remember it all!

Breakfast:
Peach
Watermelon
Banana

Lunch:
Pesto rice pasta
Veggie fritatta
Hummus and carrots

Dinner:
Terra chips
Rice pasta with sauce (homemade gravy - think there was too much meat in it)
Slice of rice/almond bread with almond butter

Snack
Rice Dreams (ice cream) - thats whats planned at least - if I don't like it its out the window.

I need more protein, but I can't have grains and meat together - too much rice pasta today!  Hoping things will start gelling tomorrow.  Have to start working on next week's menu too.  Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment