Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rules and Regulations

OK...tomorrow is the big day.  Time to start getting healthy.  Here is somewhat comprehensive list as to what it is I am actually trying to follow...

Suggested Lifestyle Changes
  • Eat for your blood type
  • Proper food combining
  • Avoid all wheat products
  • Avoid all dairy
  • Avoid drinking with meals
  • Avoid all soy products
  • Avoid all carbonated beverages
  • Avoid all chocolate (!)
  • Diet should consist of minimum 50% raw foods
What does "eating for your blood type" mean?  I am Type O, so for me, in general, it means:
  • Eat lean, chemical free meat (high protein/low carb)
  • Do not attempt to be a vegetarian
  • Cut out wheat and most other grains
  • Engage in vigorous aerobic exercise
Some specific things I need to avoid because of my blood type, that I am going to miss are:
  • Pork
  • Cashews
  • Peanuts/Peanut Butter
  • Corn
  • Eggplant
  • Mushrooms
  • Olives
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
  • Coconut
  • Oranges/Orange Juice
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Vanilla 
My body is also acidic, so I need to try to eat more alkaline foods...won't bore you with that list but there is a lot of overlap.

I think that's just about all my guidelines.  Menu is planned...time to start prepping!



1 comment: