Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Progress Not Perfection

Day two was much smoother than day 1, but there are definitely kinks I need to work out.  Making 3 different dinners was definitely not fun.  I also need to figure out how to get all the water in when I am not supposed to drink 30 min before or 2 hours after a meal.  Seems nearly impossible to me.

My next mission is to try to find something I can use in my coffee other than rice milk, because that just didn't cut it this morning...blech...too watery!  I need something creamy....

I want to say how grateful I am for the help I am getting from other wf, df etc friends for all the tips and tricks.  Especially Krista...I text her for salad dressing help and she texts me right back and next thing I know I am having an amazing garlic dill dressing on my salad for lunch!  I so appreciate it!

I emailed my doc today with a bunch of questions about things like sweetener, protein with my fruit in the morning, can I have goat cheese (conflicting info in handouts), and stuff like that.  I'll let you know how I make out.

One thing I notice is that I feel like I am just snacking and not having a "meal".  I know that will change when I am more comfortable and I find more recipes, but it is kind of scattered right now...

It's late and I'm getting tired, so let me post my menu for the day and regroup :)

Breakfast:
Slice of watermelon
Peach
Banana

Lunch:
Really yummy salad:
Romaine, spinach, red pepper, cucumber, carrot, homemade garlic dill dressing, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, chopped chicken

Dinner:
Salmon (lemon and dill - leftover from yesterday), garlic dill dressing, walnuts, pecans and almonds

Snack:
Hummus cucumber and tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment