Sunday, August 1, 2010

Breaking Down the Weekend

Sorry for the delay everyone, I know you anxiously await my posts every day (ha ha ha).  I am going to try to summarize my meals and activities for the past 4 days as best as I can remember.

THURSDAY
I spent a large part of the late morning/early afternoon at an appointment I had.  I wish I had planned ahead for snacks or lunch.  It isn't good to get too hungry, and I definitely have to get into the habit of carrying water with me. I actually am having a hard time remembering what I DID eat throughout the day...so this report may be a little sketchy.

Breakfast
Peach
Banana

Lunch
Hummus with rice crackers
Almond butter and all fruit jelly on rice bread (the jelly was strawberry, and I'm not supposed to have strawberry...have to get new jelly!)



Dinner
I am racking my brain trying to remember what I had and I just cant...if it comes to me I will come edit...

Snack
Hummus and veggie chips
Rice Dreams ice cream

FRIDAY
We spent the day at Land of Make Believe.  After the fiasco of bringing my food to the beach, I decided to make the best of what I could find there.

Breakfast
2 bananas
2 little boxes of raisins

Lunch
2 hot dogs, no buns, dipped in mustard (not quite gourmet dining...and not exactly low in fat)

Dinner
Salad with turkey and roast beef, with homemade garlic dill dressing

Snack
Not positive, maybe Rice Dreams and nuts

SATURDAY
Went to the Mets game, we left late morning, so dinner was at the park.  I did find out that Citifield has a gluten free stand, so I was looking forward to checking that out.  I didn't make it to the Montclair Farmers Market.  I actually forgot about it until it was too late.

Breakfast
Rice Krispies with rice milk

Lunch
If I had lunch I can't remember...I think breakfast was late (isn't that horrible! lol can't remember yesterday!)

Dinner
2 hot dogs at the stadium on gluten free rolls....one with peppers and onions, one mustard
**As far as the buns go, they were very dense and not great...I think next time I would rather spend less and just not eat the regular bun...or get a grilled chicken salad, which I saw after buying the dogs

No Snack

SUNDAY (TODAY)
I was looking forward to relaxing after church today.  It was a whirlwind week.  I stopped at the Nutley Farmers Market on the way home, but I went there specifically to get eggs from Ken (Havenwood Farms) and he was sold out!  I have to get to Terra Tea in Montclair to pick some up.  I have also been working on grocery shopping since Friday. 

This is the most frustrating thing for me with all this.  I can't find recipes for things I can have, let alone recipes that I can have that I can also adapt for my father so I don't have to make 3 meals every night.  I vented a little earlier, so I wont go into it again, but I just need to stress that I need MEALS.  I feel like I have been nibbling and snacking my way through the day, and I can't continue like that, and I know I won't stay with this if it continues, so I just keep researching....

Breakfast
Peach

Lunch - which on Sundays is dinner in an Italian house!
London Broil
Tomato and Cucumber Salad


Dinner/Snack
Terra chips with fresh salsa
Rice Dreams ice cream
Rice bread with butter substitute
Almonds

I found a great butter substitute...Earth Balance soy free butter spread.  If anyone is looking for something to replace butter, I highly recommend it!

Almost midnight...time to get some zzzzzzzzzzs!

No comments:

Post a Comment